The push from manufacturers, fleet managers, and operators for continued innovation and improved cab design have to do with operator comfort, but more importantly, ergonomics.
The fact is that forklift driver health risks and common forklift injuries can often be linked back to older models that weren’t designed with forklift ergonomics in mind or a newer model that has been worn down from heavy use. In the last decade, top forklift manufacturers, like Hyster and Yale, have focused heavily on improving the ergonomic features of their warehousing equipment, but now those same improvements are making their way to high-capacity forklift trucks.
New Ergonomic Hyster Big Trucks
The new design features:
- Large cabin door for ease of entry and exit
- One-piece curved glass for industry-leading visibility
- Industry-exclusive lateral seat slider
- Foot-controlled adjustable steering column to allow hands to remain on the steering wheel
- Longest scratch-resistant top glass in the industry
- 7” integrated performance display
- Touchpoint mini-levers that bring all functions within easy reach
- Automatic low-light dim
- Back-lit control panels
These features bring Hyster Big Trucks up to date with the latest advancements in forklift ergonomics and material handling technology. Fleet managers will find the updated design improves operator experience, reduces fatigue, and maximizes productivity all day long.
Keep Your Fleet Up To Date
Contact Papé Material Handling, your local Hyster dealer, today for a quote on a new Hyster container handler, reach stacker, or heavy-duty forklift to grow your fleet or to replace outdated equipment. As a full-service Hyster dealer, you can count on Papé Material Handling for all your equipment sales, rentals, parts and service needs.